This is a blog of all the complaints I have experienced during my first pregnancy. This is my medium of releasing all the negative energy in me. All pregnant women out there, comment up!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Im SICK.. :'(

Most say I'm lucky for not having the early symptoms of pregnancy - morning sickness (which does not literally mean that it occurs in the morning!) BUT I say I am not. Missing the vomiting stage during my first term is a good thing. But the acute gastritis is NOT!

sharp, sudden, persistent stomach pain PLUS vomitting.

I happen to wake up at around eleven in the morning and unluckily having "ginataang gulay" (a vegetable soup with coconut -.) Without me knowing, I was taking in the very acidic coconut milk with an empty stomach. Minutes after that I was starting to have stomach aches. I did went off to work that day during the afternoon but I couldn't suppress the pain that continuously occurs at an interval of about 15 minutes. What's weird is that after the sharp sudden pain, you'll feel relieved like nothing happened. And it happens again. And again. AND AGAIN.

We had to go consult a doctor before my condition becomes worse. What we were worried about really is the baby that probably might be the one causing the pain or what. I was glad to find no out-of-the-ordinary discharge that pregnant women have because that indicates that there is really something wrong with the baby. Most especially when it's blood or discharges having a foul smell.

After enlightening the doctor of what happened earlier that resulted to this, she assumed that there is a great possibility that the "ginataan" was the one that caused such pain. She prescribed medicines that would relieve the pain I'm feeling and control the acidity of my stomach.

I had to take in a few bites of wheat bread before taking a second dose of the medication. And the vomiting started. It felt like it burned my throat! And we really felt the need to go back to our OB-Gyne. She referred us to a Gastro-Endomologist back at another hospital to have myself checked. She did ECG only to find out that heartburn is just the result caused by the acids in the stomach. She also checked my upper abdomen through ultrasound to further draw the line on what's causing this sharp pain. Thank God the results were okay, if not for the polyps inside my gall bladder. It could be brought about by pregnancy though or it may continue growing and develop into a gall stone. I hope its the previous one.

So ladies, be careful on what you choose to eat.

No comments: