This is a blog of all the complaints I have experienced during my first pregnancy. This is my medium of releasing all the negative energy in me. All pregnant women out there, comment up!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Finding out


Don't ask the question if you don't want to know the answer.. But I somehow wanted to make sure.. Even if I find it normal to be delayed for two weeks but more than that makes me worry much already.

And so I finally had the courage to take a pregnancy test.

I really felt my heart thumping while seeing the result window of the pregnancy test.. That's one red line.. And oh, the other red line. And two of it makes it positive. I said to myself, "Another try won't hurt. Maybe this is one of those they call as defective or non reliable result that you should perform another test.

Took it once. Twice. Thrice... POSITIVE POSITIVE POSITIVE!!! Can't seem to imagine how a "positive" could be so "negative" to me.. (Get my point?)

Well, what I didn't know then was that the indicator parts of the pregnancey tests really mean a lot. (Why would they place them there for nothing, right?) The hormone hCG is produced in pregnancy. It stands for human chorionic gonadotropin. This is produced by the placenta right after the embryo is being implanted into the uterine lining. Thus, resulting to the creation of the HPT or the Home Pregnancy Test which determines the level of hCG in the woman's urine. Research tells us that it is possible to have a 97 percent screening sensibilty by taking a home pregnancy test by one week after the first day of the missed period.

So basically, I was a good candidate for a woman possibly to be pregnant since I'm 2 weeks delayed AND I had like 4 HPTs taken already...

It's crystal-clear, its Positive.

No comments: